October 29, 2007

Canonical thinks that GPL is not really opensource

I've just received the following email from the launchpad team:

Subject: Your project in Launchpad (instlux)

Hello there,

You registered a project in Launchpad, but the project doesn't seem
to be a real Open Source project. I've disabled it for now, but let me
know if you think it should be reactivated and I'll reconsider.

Instlux is a GPL project. Its source code has been for 2 years at sourceforge and it is licensed under the GPL license.

Moreovers, it has external contributions in its code, it has been collaborating with other opensource projects (win32 loader known also as "goodbye microsoft") and it is part of the openSUSE distribution. Actually instlux started on the Ubuntu wiki pages!

Why Canonical thinks that instlux is not really opensource?

By the way, do not forget that the one that is not opensource is launchpad.

I hope it is just a misunderstanding.

No comments: