February 2, 2011

Invited speaker to an MBA

This week I was invited by Xavi Amatriain to give a short speech at an international MBA course at EADA. I was there to talk about free software business models and to introduce openTrends, the company I am working by right now that is specialized on free software services (we are 70 engineers right now and all working on free software consultancy).

The speech was 30 minutes long, so it was quite short but I had the feeling that students found it very interesting, at least I was asked a lot of questions. I gave the same speech on Monday and on Tuesday, and both went very similar.

In order to make it more fun, I used a couple of comic strips by Dilbert in order to explain the differences between propietary software business models and free software business models. Students found it funny and I think they got the idea. Here the strips:




EADA is the in the top 100 schools for MBA in the world (Finantial Times MBA Global MBA 2011 ranking) and was an honour to be there.


It was a great experience!

No comments: